Better Together is a great community responsive organisation because of our beliefs that:
- The Moreton Bay Region is a better and richer community because of the inclusion and participation of people with disability, that people with disability can and do contribute to the development of the community.
- That Moreton Bay Citizens will go out of their way to welcome people with disability.
- That there are many people in the Moreton Bay who would not only be willing, but who would bend over backwards, to make a positive change in the life of a person with a disability, if they were presented with the opportunity to do so.
- That our community is asset and leadership rich and that our role is to bridge this to community need.
- That people with a disability are entitled to a lifestyle which is based on the same rights and opportunities as other citizens.
- That people with disabilities, with varying amounts of assistance, can participate as equals in the social, economic and civic life of the community.
Previous outcomes achieved through Better Togethers Innovative Programs
- paid employment
- ongoing volunteering opportunities that are free from paid supports
- long lasting freely given relationships
- developed sense of : Being there, belonging and being missed when your not there.
- confidence buildings so people can investigate interests and activities themselves.
- individuals no longer require any paid supports