We have a vision of a vibrant inclusive community where people feel welcomed and experience belonging
to create opportunities for disadvantaged people to feel valued in our communities
Collaboration, Respect, Belonging, independence and Growth.
Better Together Strategic Plan 2021-2023
Our 2021-2023 Strategic Objectives
NDIS Support Services
- Maintain Employment, Training and Independent living supports for our 52 Service users
- Co-create meaningful roles for service users in the community
- Improve alignment of skillsets of support workers to Service user’s needs
- Improve the quality of our services by increasing project support and improving management of staff, training and development
SWQ Skilling Queenslanders for Work
- Maintain Employment Opportunities for 130 Students, gaining employment for at least 75% of participants, 20% above what the funding body requires.
- Increase business and community relationships
- Promote inclusivity in the local business community.
Lagoon Creek Hub/Work Project
- To create a multi functional site that supports NDIS service delivery and SQW programs by 2022
- To create, develop and implement different employment pathway programs that will increase employment options and outcomes for people with a disability.
We aim to provide a community development legacy that will:
- Promote the growth and development of community attitudes that encourages and supports the valued roles of people with a disability in the social, civic and economic life of the community; removes physical and social barriers to inclusion within the community and increases accessibility to social, civic and economic activities.
- Increase the number and quality of employment and volunteer opportunities open to adults with a disability and/or mental health issue.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with like-minded entities in the community and business sector so as to increase opportunities for valued roles and relationships for all people.
- Develop strong networking, partnerships and community competency in all areas of the community so as to assist the local community to support valued roles for people with a disability and/or mental health issue