We have a vision of a vibrant inclusive community where people feel welcomed and experience belonging
to create opportunities for disadvantaged people to feel valued in our communities
Collaboration, Respect, Belonging, independence and Growth.
Our 2021-2023 Strategic Objectives
NDIS Support Services
- Maintain Employment, Training and Independent living supports for our 52 Service users
- Co-create meaningful roles for service users in the community
- Improve alignment of skillsets of support workers to Service user’s needs
- Improve the quality of our services by increasing project support and improving management of staff, training and development
SWQ Skilling Queenslanders for Work
- Maintain Employment Opportunities for 130 Students, gaining employment for at least 75% of participants, 20% above what the funding body requires.
- Increase business and community relationships
- Promote inclusivity in the local business community.
Lagoon Creek Hub/Work Project
- To create a multi functional site that supports NDIS service delivery and SQW programs by 2022
- To create, develop and implement different employment pathway programs that will increase employment options and outcomes for people with a disability.
We aim to provide a community development legacy that will:
- Promote the growth and development of community attitudes that encourages and supports the valued roles of people with a disability in the social, civic and economic life of the community; removes physical and social barriers to inclusion within the community and increases accessibility to social, civic and economic activities.
- Increase the number and quality of employment and volunteer opportunities open to adults with a disability and/or mental health issue.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with like-minded entities in the community and business sector so as to increase opportunities for valued roles and relationships for all people.
- Develop strong networking, partnerships and community competency in all areas of the community so as to assist the local community to support valued roles for people with a disability and/or mental health issue