Welcome to Better Together
Better Together is a mental health and disability NDIS registered organisation designed to develop a more inclusive Moreton Bay region. Better Together develops and maintains a wide range of strategies, partnerships and affiliations thus contributing to the overall strengths and wellbeing of the community.
“We are Better Together”
We believe that the Moreton Bay Region is a better place when all of its members are included in valued roles and relationships in the social, economic and civic life of the community.
Objective of Better Together
We aim to provide a community development legacy that will:
- Promote the growth and development of community attitudes that encourages and supports the valued roles of people with a disability in the social, civic and economic life of the Moreton bay community; removes physical and social barriers to inclusion within the Moreton Bay Region and increases accessibility to social, civic and economic activities.
- Increase the number and quality of employment and volunteer opportunities open to adults with a disability and/or mental health issue.
- Develop a network of committed individuals within the Moreton Bay who share a vision about inclusive communities and will support the inclusion of valued roles and relationships for people with a disability through freely given relationships and/or other commitments.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with like-minded entities in the community and business sector so as to increase opportunities for valued roles and relationships for all people.
- Develop strong networking, partnerships and community competency in all areas of the community so as to support the local community to support valued roles for people with a disability and/or mental health issue in the social, civic and economic life of the Caboolture Community.
We aim to provide, within available resources, flexible supports for individuals with a disability and/or mental health issue that will:
- Establish a quality person-centred and valued roles based support arrangement focused on the individual’s aspirations as outlined in an Individual Support Agreement.
- Employ staff that meet the requirements of people we support and are skilled to assist in achieving the persons aspirations for valued roles and relationships in the social, civic and economic life of the community.
- To ensure the involvement of individuals who are supported by Better Together in all areas of their support planning development.
- Review the individual’s goals and support arrangements regularly and change plans according to the changing needs and aspirations of the individuals.
- To provide relevant legislative, government and financial information to people who use the service so that they can make timely and appropriate decisions about the types of support they require.
“We must stop teaching that opportunity knocks
You can listen at the door for ten life times
But you will not hear knocking
You are opportunity
You open the door”