Social and Community Participation
Better Together’s unique and innovative Community Participation Program assists participants to build lasting valued roles, relationships and develop skills within their local community. Our 1:1 supports provide unique opportunities that are 100% tailored to you or your loved ones goals.
Whether it be to acquire employment, make a friend, develop a new skill, try something new, set up your own business, attend a special event, reconnect with old friends or find a special someone. We use a framework called Social Role Valorisation (SRV) to build strong foundations and individualised tailored programs for your goals and aspirations to be achieved.
Daily living supports
Maintain your independence
Being able to achieve the level of independence you want to live comfortably and confidently in your home is very important.
Whether you live independently or in shared accommodation, we will work with you to enable you or your loved ones to live a full life, with the security, companionship and day to day support you need.
We can help at home with:
- Building daily living skills such as health and nutrition, cooking skills and household routines
- Household budgeting and financial management
- Maintaining medical and dental appointments
- Support to manage your routines and responsibilities
- Developing supportive relationships and connections with family, friends and local community and services.
Support you need, when you need it
Every person’s needs are unique. This is why we work closely with you to ensure that you, your family, friend or loved one has access to:
- Activities that are meaningful and support your choices
- The level of support you need
- Services to develop daily living skills
- Guidance and support to help you live the life you choose
Having a clean, well maintained home is essential for your health and wellbeing. If you have trouble with household tasks, we can support you with:
- Spring cleaning
- House maintenance, such as window cleaning
- Preparing and planning meals for you to cook
Accommodation / tenancy assistance
To help you transition to NDIS funding, we may be able to assist you to pay your rent and utility accounts.
Other Daily Living Services we can assist you with:
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Assistance with medical needs
- Healthy lifestyle support
- Travel training
The NDIS call these supports:
- Assistance with daily life at home, in the community, in education and at work
- Improved daily living skills
- Improved living arrangements
- Supported independent living
- Employment opportunities
Planning Your Support
Better Together is committed to ensuring that individuals with a disability and/or mental health issue receive services that are designed and delivered around their individual circumstances, needs, potential valued roles and aspirations. Better Together is committed to work respectfully with individuals and to support them to live their lives to the fullest and hold valued roles and relationships in the social, civic and economic life of the Moreton Bay Region.
Roles Based Planning
Roles Based Planning takes the fundamentals of the other planning tools such as person centred planning, PATH (Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope) and MAP (Making Action Plans) such as:
- assisting the participants to create a vision for the future
- articulates their dreams / interests / desires
- gets clear about who the individual is and what they need
- grounds the process in reality with tangible and realistic steps or goals
Roles Based Planning then couples the information above with a clear focus on ensuring the social realities of the person are given prime importance by bringing the underlying principles of Social Role Valorisation (SRV) into focus. By using the principles of SRV in the planning process there is a considerable effort to align the person’s goals with activities and routines that are socially valued.
In essence, an individual’s support plan reflects as closely as possible that of the socially valued majority of the community. As such they will be focused on:
- The building of intentional and freely given relationship.
- Individualised support and regular living arrangements.
- Work / employment instead of day and leisure activities.
- Ensuring the person is supported to enhance their image, competencies and social contribution.
- Ensuring people are provided with sufficient information and direct experience to make informed decisions – including awareness of potential negative outcomes associated with choices.
A Roles Based Plan looks at vision, milestones, current relationships, current valued roles, skills, abilities, talents, interests, challenges, idea’s to overcome challenges, new goal and indicators and of course – the first steps.
Support Service Pricing
All service prices are determined by the NDIS and delivered by Better Together in accordance with the NDIS. Better Together is a registered NDIS provider and charges the TTP rate where applicable. For the most recent copy of the NDIS pricing please see NDIS PRICE GUIDE below. for the catalog of prices. You can also view a list of our commonly used support schedule line items
Please note that we charge at the price limit in the NDIS Support Catalogue for all supports. Below is a list to our most common rates
Assistance (In Home)
Hourly Rate $
Community Access (Community) 1:1
Community Access (Community) 1:2
Community Access (Community) 1:3
Community Access (Community) 1:4
Community Access (Centre) 1:1 to 1:4